April 25, 2022
1. Fiber tightness. The increase of the spinning pitch has a great effect on the water pressure resistance. In general, the more compact the fabric, the better the impermeability.
2. The pore size of the coated membrane. The larger the membrane pore size, the worse the hydrostatic resistance of the fabric.
3. The size of the contact angle θ. When θ>90°. During this process, the fabric has water-repellent properties, and with the increase of θ, the water pressure resistance value of the fabric increases.
4. Coating thickness. If the coating is too thin, the surface of the coating agent cannot form a film, which reduces the water pressure resistance of the coated fabric; when the coating is thicker, the water pressure resistance of the fabric increases.
5. Thick cloth. As the thickness of the fabric increases, the moisture resistance increases and the water pressure resistance also increases.
6. Thickness of yarn. For compact fabrics of hygroscopic fibers, due to capillary action, the yarn radius is reduced, which can improve the permeation resistance of the fabric.
7. The performance of warp and weft yarns is good. Due to the influence of water pressure, warp and weft yarns with good elasticity are easy to stretch, resulting in the formation of gaps between adjacent warp and weft yarns, and water droplets are more likely to seep out from the middle, which reduces the water pressure resistance value of the fabric.
8.Paint quality. The whole cloth needs to be uniform and have a certain fastness. The better the impermeability of the paint, the better the impermeability of the paint.
The processing of water- and moisture-permeable fabrics is in the stage of technological perfection and rapid product development. In the future, the research on the performance improvement and product development of waterproof and moisture-permeable fabrics will be mainly carried out from three aspects.
First of all, with the development of polymer materials, various waterproof membranes with chemical pores can be used to develop a variety of waterproof and moisture-permeable membranes with chemical pores, such as ionic polymers, hyperbranched polymers, dendritic polymers polymers, etc. Second, with the continuous updating of processing equipment, study how to improve the performance of waterproof and moisture-permeable fabrics in physical form, such as waterproof and moisture-permeable films with larger openings, more uniform pores, and thinner thicknesses, and composite materials made of such films. The multi-functional bi-component multi-component film formed; the yarns of various structures, fineness and performance are woven into different tissues, and the surface has a high-density waterproof and moisture-permeable fabric. Third, develop different kinds of special waterproof and moisture-permeable fabrics.